Thursday, March 3, 2022

Ritual Research

 Hello and welcome back! If you haven't read my last post, then you probably should or else I'll send a haunted doll to haunt your dreams (I'm kidding), it's also not that long so you can't complain. Anyway I would like to share some research that I did which helped me get inspiration to what I wanted my short film to be, but it would obviously not a complete ripoff but still in the same concept. So, there's this ancient (i think) ritual which is called, "One Man Hide and Seek", and it would basically involve inviting a demon into your life by putting it in a doll, yup very creepy and many people wonder why they'd ever do this, but hey it's people we're talking about and we can do real stupid things. Back to the topic, I've seen that you had to get a doll with limbs, cut it open and replace it's stuffing with uncooked rice, put a piece of hair or nail from you inside of it, then sew it shut with a red thread, then you put the doll in a bathtub full of water, leave the bathroom and I guess you then play hide and seek with a demon, definitely not creepy at all.

This game caught my attention since so many Youtubers have done this exact same ritual which include Shane Dawson, Guava Juice, and OmarGoshTV. (linked the vids to the youtuber's names if you're curious but don't watch if you don't like paranormal things). These types of videos initially went viral in around 2017, except for Guava Juice's since his video was from 2015. I never really knew anything about this game at all until I watched this Shane Dawson video about the Scariest Challenges in the Internet and the ritual game was one of them and it was apparently originated from Japan, of course it was freaking Japan. I tried looking up the original video present day, but it seems the video is now private so I'd recommend searching for reactions or reuploads but Idefinitely don't recommend watching if you're sensitive to these types of things so Trigger Warning for that. 

I knew when coming up with this concept I wanted it to be simple yet different. I decided to use an American Girl doll as my "possessed doll", the picture of a pentagram, and some candles which would help with the vibe. Then I would chant the words for the ritual to work a certain number of times and that's it. I decided to also like add some mascara on the doll's face to give it more of a creepy little girl vibe. So yea that's my lil research summarized so that you don't have to so you're welcome 🤣🤣. 


     This is an example of an American Girl doll if you're not familiar, and if looks could kill... Jeez

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...