Thursday, February 10, 2022

The Start of the Portfolio Project... Again...

 Greetings once again... so I'm here to break the amazing news over how I'm officially starting to plan my Portfolio Project!! Yayy!! Never thought I'd say that again, just kidding I knew what I was getting into when I signed into A Level in my course registration. Anywho... Today we got to choose what type of project we wanted our portfolio project to be, as well as if we wanted to work individually or with a group. I obviously chose to do a short film, which would include me making a short film, along with a social media page for the film and a postcard to give out at a film festival.

You're probably wondering, girl why the hell did you think it was smart to do a short film project by yourself? Well on the bright side of working by youself is that I get to have a lot more creative freedoms on what I want to do, and a lot less scheduling situations to worry about. I also prefer to do short films in order to show off my creativeness as I like to call it, and also have the chance to do something new, which is interesting since I have no idea what type of film I want to make, much less a genre. I was thinking of a few ideas in my head, but with further thought I realized I'd overcomplicate myself, and we don't want that. I'm trying to prevent a brain explosion and the little braincells I have left (that was a joke), also the fact that I'm not some big and fancy editor who can barely do some bare necessities in editing. But hey that's what Youtube is for right? Either way, I don't wanna worry about not having anything yet too much since it's just the first day of the project and we're barely figuring out which type of project we wanted to make.

However there are some things I had pretty clear, I will make a weekly schedule for me in order to organize what I can do during the week, I do have this agenda I got for school, but then I suddenly stopped using it since I started writing my assignments on my notes app so I can use that. As well as what film editing software I'll be using, which is obviously Adobe Premiere Pro, which is literally the only editing software I can actually use besides iMovie, even though it can sometimes go a little coo coo and crash on me, but that did teach me to save and render even the slightest change to a clip soo it wasn't all bad. Also thinking of using Instagram for the social media page and go between Canva and Adobe Photoshop to help me make the postcard.

So yeah, that is all I got so far and I hope to give you guys a better idea of what I'll be doing very very soon!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...