Saturday, February 5, 2022

Other thing I've been doing

 Hello again!! It's been about a day since I last posted here and I wanted to talk to you guys about my film distribution project, which I'm proud to say I enjoyed it. It was definitely fun to be able to create promotion and distribution strategy for a new "film", but the challenge was that my group and I didn't make the concept or plot idea. We actually partnered with the advanced creative writing class where we got to choose a story and transform that into a teaser, a trailer, and a huge distribution plan for release with showtimes, streaming, and the whole shebang. 

To tell you guys a little about the film, it's called, "ROT", a psychological horror/thiller which is basically about this guy that lives in a post-apocalyptic world and he meets a woman who follows him around at the beginning, but for some unknown reason, she wants to kill him, but we never know why or who this woman is, much less what her intentions are. Could it be revenge? Survival? Vendetta? You won't know. 

When we gathered up to start planning, we really wanted to focus on how we wanted to portray the trailer and the teaser, like what shots we wanted to do, as well as where a good spot can be for us to film. We also decided to split the distribution portion to make it easier, and I was able to research the distribution companies, the streaming services, as well as one of the 2 film festivals we wanted to release our film at, we also wanted to include a plan for us to do in case the movie doesn't do as well as we would've liked. One of my partners, Sophia, inially had a place (dumpster) behind her workplace that we could use, but we had to change that a few days before filming started and do it in a certain parking lot in her neighborhood, which seemed to work better since it was a little more open, and there were dead palm tree leaves that helped with the vibe. But one thing I'll say, it was cold as hell when while we were filming that there were times I could barely press the button to record, but good thing I was able to pull through and also kept my fingers. During post-production, I was able to help find music for the trailer, as well as working on the key art, which I'm very proud of. 

For the poster, I wanted to include the lighter as the only source of light and enough to show the main character's face, which helped with the mood and tone of the film, but not to mention it also looks cool. I found that using a thinner font for the title was pretty traditional on horror films, which is something I wanted to incorporate. I actually used Canva to make the key art, and I like how it's simple, yet it symbolizes a lot, since if you see the trailer (which you should definitely watch), the lighter is very important.


This is our poster (made by yours truly)



Our teaser



Our Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...