Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Feelings about going from AS to A Level

Hello and what is up in this amazing day! Or night... or whenever you're reading this. Anyway, I feel like getting some stuff out of my chest. As you may know, I'm now an A Level student for AICE Media and man does it feel weird, and not only because I'm now doing everything in person compared to last year. 

Honestly, it feels kind weird how far I've come in this class and has taught me a lot regarding both patience and time management, especially regarding projects. There were definitely things I loved about AICE Media, as well as some things I didn't exactly love. Such as, loving doing projects, especially in groups and we create different things. There is also the part that sucks where you either don't agree with a group, or maybe because something in the project doesn't turn out the way you want it to be, and trust me it happens a lot more often than you think.

The main difference between AS and A level is that in A level, we do do discuss a lot about postmodernism. If you're wondering what that is, it's basically unpredictable and also can be very confusing at times. You may actually know a couple of these little films which actually involve postmoderism such as The Truman Show, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, and Blade Runner. To be honest, I never really knew that postmoderism was a thing and how different it can be portrayed in different films, which are mainly used when questioning reality. We also don't have homework really, since we're mainly doing projects where we had so much time in class to do and a lesson here and there. There is also the fact that instead of a film opening project, you get to have a little more of a variety for the portfolio project you eventually to Cambridge in April. Including film and music promo, short film, documentary, etc. The Portfolio project is actually what we're starting to work on very very soon, so you'll have to prepare yourself for a lot, and I mean a lot of blog posts for the next 8 weeks regarding my progress making my portfolio project, so good luck for what's coming and... "enjoy the show".

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...