Wednesday, February 16, 2022

I think I have a few ideas...

Greetings fine folks! Welcome back! So I think I got an idea on what I want to do for my short film. But keep in mind, IT'S ONLY AN IDEA. So yea....

I was thinking of making like a paranormal type of horror movie which I kind of wrote a script for for a summer camp a few years ago, but I'm obviously going to change some things, I'm trying to do something new-ish here. I originally made it about 2 friends who were on Facetime  nd one of them was talking about this new trendy game where you bring a doll to life, the main character doesn't think it's smart since it's something she doesn't like to mess with. She kinda feels pressured into doing it but ends up doing it anyway, but then weird things start happening. But the script is in Spanish so I obviously would have to change it to English and change things on the plot.

I also just came up with this second idea while writing this post where it feels a little more realistic. Maybe it could be about a girl that wants to do a certain major for college and follow this certain career path which her parents don't exactly approve, especially the father. Since the father believes that the only careers that matter are the ones that provide a lot of money, and it's hard for him to understand that money doesn't matter in a career if the career doesn't make you happy. I feel like that's what people, especially teens or people about to enter college, can struggle with and relate to even today, at this very second. It also in a way feels kind of personal, since some have no idea how many people actually go through the same struggle of the parent's expectations vs what the individual wants.

For the horror idea, I was thinking of a few similar films like Annabelle, the Exorcist, Ouija, and maybe Dead Silence.

 










           Dead Silence (2007)                                                                                   Ouija (2014)


For the more Drama/ Coming of age little idea I had, I've been looking at films like Soul Surfer, Ratatouille, and Billy Elliot. I also found this website where a woman who shared her story about how she started to realize she should stop looking for others' approval and seek her own. 

                                   

        Billy Elliot (2000)                                                                    Soul Surfer (2011)

https://advice.theshineapp.com/articles/how-i-learned-at-29-to-finally-let-go-of-my-need-for-approval/ 

So yeah those are a few of my ideas that I wanted to share, I'm not 100% sure which one I'm going to choose yet, but I'm not gonna lie, either one I'd be pretty glad to be working with. I'm kind of excited for this new "chapter" in the prject where I can come up with different ideas, but it's also kind of nerve wracking since negative thoughts could come into my head like, "what if it's doesn't work?", "What if it turns out bad?", "Will people like it?", and even questioning whether I can pull this off on my own. But I do trust myself to know, especially future me who's going to say, "Why the hell was I freaking out so much? I feel dumb for having this mentality". I can't guarantee that there will be things that'll go exactly to plan, some things are bound to change. That's pretty much the daily rant for today, hope you enjoy me spilling my thoughts out almost every single week so thanks for that, and hope you decide to stick around! Or else... (that was a joke)


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...