Friday, February 26, 2021

I met up with people (although not irl)

 Hello and welcome again to this blog where I spill all my personal thoughts while on AICE Media Class. Today, I'm bringing you with another update (shocker) about a meeting that I did with different classmates of mine in my class and we spoke about our opening film projects, and I'm going to tell you guys what went down.

Okay so what we did was talk about our opening scene ideas and give the others a chance to say what they think about those ideas, as well as the chance to ask questions and for the person to get some advice on what they can or cannot do. When I talked about my opening scene, we started discussing how the beat up scene was going to take place, and I asked what shots or techniques they could recommend so it looks more realistic. And a girl named Isabella, recommended me to use tighter shots while filming the beatdown and also not use many shots or footage of the beatdown to make it seem more realistic, kind of like what they did in the movie psycho. Other than that, I discussed how it's supposed to be a horror/comedy combination and how there isn't that many films out there with the genre. 

With the other openings, a guy named brought out this idea for his opening about a horror/comedy and the different locations he wanted to use, he even recommended locations for others in the group. Another member, started talking about her group and how the movie is about the last person on earth and Max recommended different deserted or abandoned places they could use (safely and legally of course). Then the last person that went discussed his idea about a coming of age film about a boy with superspeed, which he still hasn't decided 100% what he wanted in it which kind of concerns me due to the amount of time we had to put everything together and I kept wondering, "What will the superspeed have to do with the character and the plot in general?", but I'm pretty sure he'll think of something interesting based on what we talked about.

And well that's my daily spill for today, that meeting definitely gave me more insight and inspiration over how to film this opening, and I would definitely love to do this more often. I'll also most likely post an update regarding the storyboard tomorrow, which so far so good, but you'll have to with and see. Byee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is here!!

 Hey guys! OMG what a ride it has been these past 8 weeks! I just wanna say this is probably the last time in a while uploading in this blog...